♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Mercimek Çorbası / Turkish Red lentil soup

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” Benjamin Franklin


Selam everybody...... Merhaba from Turkiye...

Mercimek Çorbası / Turkish Red lentil soup | Çitra's Home Diary. #souprecipe #turkishfoodrecipe #redlentilsoup #mercimekçorba #winterrecipe #resepmasakanturki
Raining during the weekend marking of the spring has started. Soft and fresh (slightly cold) wind swept the summer heat. Welcome rains, welcome cloudy days... welcome fall.

And I believe this red lentil soup could bring us a little warmth on our family table. I made this simple version without carrot and potato. Quick, simple yet fulfill our family nutritious.
Serve 3~4

Ingredients:
  • 200 gr (1 cup) red lentil, wash and drained
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 4~5 cup (depending on how thick you want to go) Chicken/meat / vegetable stock or hot water
  • 1 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp smoke sweet paprika powder (optional)
  • lemon juice for serving
How to cook:

Heat oil in a sauce pan, saute chopped onion until transparent and fragrant. Add in lentil stir few minutes. Pour stock/ hot water. Cover the lid and let it cook over medium heat until lentil soft/ tender.

Use hand blender or put soup into blender and blend it to smooth. Continue to cook over medium heat, season with salt and sweet paprika (if use). Cook to boil.

Serve hot with lemon juice.


loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected