♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Bread rolls/ Roll-ppang 롤빵

Assalamu'alaikum..... Merhaba From Turkiye....



Since I live in Turkey, making bread is part of my daily work cause we eat bread in any ways almost everyday. Almost everyday or at least once in 2 days I always serve my family with fresh bread. Nothing can replace warm and fresh bread from oven serve at your family table... as warm as the togetherness it self..

As Turkish people mostly consume chewy (and slightly hard) bread so mostly I made that type of bread. Different type from Asian bread (which mostly I ate few years back) which has soft and spongy texture also mostly slightly more has sweet and milky taste. So of course my daily bread I made are more chewy and slightly hard in texture even once in a while we eat soft and spongy bread but I reduce as much as I can the amount of sugar in it.

You can check my soft bread (No egg required) here. Don't forget to check my other bread post on "Bread" category.


And my today's post also about bread and I want to try Korean style bread roll-ppang 롤빵.
I never make and it before so I'm a little curious about the real taste and texture... so if you are Korean or you tasted it before please do share with me....

Since it's Korean style I decide to use Maangchi's recipe here cause I think she is the queen of korean food ^,^... hai Maangchi..!!! 안녕하세요 !! would you tell me how exactly the taste and texture of this Ppang..

 

 Maangchi's recipe use US metric so I convert it for you to gram. This bread not so hard to make since there is no "heavy" kneading require but it takes some time due to long resting and proofing process.

Final result has soft but not spongy, tend to has brittle texture. My husband said tasted like Turkish Çörek or Turkish poğaça with yeast (mayalı poğaça). But for me it reminds me an Indonesian old bread I ate around 1980's with sweet butter inside (or on top of it) -- I didn't remember the name.


 So here it's Maangchi's recipe, I reduce sugar amount.

Ingredients (for 6 rolls) Serves 3 to 4:

  • 3 Tbsp (42 gr) butter
  • ½ cup (120 ml) cold milk
  • 2 Tbsp sugar--> I reduced to 1 Tbsp
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 large egg (64 gr)
  • 2 tsp dry yeast
  • ½ cups ( 210 gr) + ¼ cup (35 gr) all purpose flour
  • 1 egg white
 How to:

  1. In medium size pan, heat butter just until melted, turn off the heat. Add in milk, sugar and salt, mix with wooden spoon until sugar and salt dissolved. Add in the egg, stir well. 
  2. Then add yeast, mix it, let the mixture sit about 1 minute. Add in 210 gr flour then mix it well. It'll look like figure no 1.
  3. Cover the pan and let it sit for rise to double about 1 hour ( like figure no 2)
  4. After double in volume, deflate and knead lightly, it's a bit messy still but after you knead it for few minute it'll become elastic and slightly not sticky on your fingers (see figure no 3). Let it proof again about 30~45 minutes like figure no 4.
  5. Generously sprinkle your working surface with remaining 35 gr of flour,transfer the dough to working table. Start to knead until the dough really elastic and smooth. Shape it into a ball. Divide the ball into 6 equal part.
  6. Take one part, and shape it long about 8 inch/17 cm (figure 6), then coil it around itself and bring the end from the bottom up and over to the top of the coil so you can insert it into the center. The dough is very soft and sticky. When you shape the rolls, dust your fingers with some flour so the rolls don’t stick to them. Do to all remaining dough.
  7. Arrange them over non stick 15 x 20 cm baking tray (figure 7), make sure to give enough space among the coils. Let it proof again about 60 minutes like figure no 8.
  8. Pre-heat oven at 180 deg C 5 ~ 7 minutes before. Brush the surface with beaten egg white, then bake them about 15~ 17 minutes. Take them out, brush lightly with remaining egg white the re bake for 1 minute.
Serve warm.




You can visit Maangchi's page for more detail instruction and video.
Thx Maangchi for the recipe ..!! ^,^



loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected