♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Cherry Galette


Merhaba From Turkiye.... Selam.

Cherry is in season..... yes, I love cherry...the fruit I never ate before in my homeland... I don't know... was there cherry tree some where I didn't know or really there was not one. But cherry is very hard to find in Indonesia, except cherry in can/ preserved.
That's why I really enjoy eating them fresh or make them something. 

Yesterday there were two Indonesian students visited us.. So happy to see them because I didn't meet them for a quite long time due to their exam before summer holiday. So touching also cause they came to farewell to me and family before they spend summer holiday in Indonesia... They are both good and nice girls.. I miss them already...

They brought us a bag of sweet cherry that I like...thank you girls! so I'm thinking to make a nice yet crunchy dessert for our iftar.... so voalla.. I got this idea.. Cherry galette...
With sweet delish cherry filling meet with slightly savory flaky crust... what could be delight than that? Oh. yeah.. with warm love of family...  

Cherry Galette | Çitra's Home Diary. #cherrygalette #galetterecipe #cherryrecipe #inseason #pierecipe #cherrypie #dessert #summerbaking

For the dough, I use smitten kitchen's flaky pie recipe. Besides it's using all butter in the recipe (no shortening required) also the crust is so nice with the flaky crunchy result. I just love it.


The recipe makes dough for one double or two single-crust pies

What you need:
  • 315 grams all purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 teaspoon fine salt
  • 225 grams very cold unsalted butter, cubed
  • about 100 ml (or more as needed) very cold water (put ice cubed into the water and let it dissolved)
For the filling:
  • about 700 gr (4 cups)  fresh cherry, pitted 
  • 120~130 gr sugar (if you have sour cherry you may need about 130 gr)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 2 Tbsp tapioca starch
  • pinch of salt
For topping:
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp water
  • brown sugar (optional)
  • powder sugar for serving
Cherry Galette | Çitra's Home Diary. #cherrygalette #galetterecipe #cherryrecipe #inseason #pierecipe #cherrypie #dessert #summerbaking

Make the dough:
In food processor mix flour, sugar, salt and cubed butter and pulse just until butter become tiny pieces (do not process to long or you won't get flaky dough).
From small hole in processor, add cold water while pulse on and off until the dough become a clump. Stop the processor. You can do with pastry fork as well.
Knead lightly on working table, you may need more cold water, add one tablespoon at a time. Divide dough into two equal part and wrap each with plastic film then chill in fridge at least 1 hour.

Make filling:
Toss everything together and set a side.

Make galette:
Pre heat oven at 190 deg C.
Place the dough onto a floured piece of parchment paper. Roll each dough into approximately 25~30 cm. Put filling mixture in the middle of the dough leaving about 6 cm rim of the dough.  Fold the dough up over the sides of the cherry then brush the dough with egg wash and sprinkle with brown sugar if use.
Slide the galette (with that parchment paper too) into baking tray and bake around 30 to 45 minute or until golden brown.

Serve warm or room temperature with sprinkle of sugar powder.



loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected