♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Orange Macarons with orange curd & Cream Cheese Filling

Assalamu'alaikum ....
Merhaba from Turkiye my friends...

I thought orange season already over this April until last Wednesday I met them in my neighborhood bazar, of course the price slightly higher than usual. But who cares.. I love Orange..hehehhee.. So I bought only 2 kg for 6 turkish lira.

My Kid loves yogurt with fruit flavor so I already have an idea for it. Summer already knock the door and I'm thinking to make orange frozen yogurt later for my family dessert. It's okay, I will freeze them for it. Yes.... I love orange. We like to drink orange juice-fresh one (^,^). And since lately I just start my "macarons adventure" ... I'm thinking, why don't I make orange macarons also? It will be very refreshing and I'm sure my family will love it too... (^,^)


For the filling for this orange macarons I choose cream cheese filling with orange curd in the middle. But really you can go ahead with another filling as you like. 

This time I didn't have any left over egg white, so I use fresh (not aged) egg white. I know..some people said macarons should make from aged (stay over night) egg white. But for me I don't have any problem using new egg white-as long as your egg white is in room temperature. 

Tips: If you-in case- forget to take out your egg from fridge. Do like I usually did. Put your egg white over shimmering water for few minute while whisking it. Always check with your finger tip if your egg white already reach room temperature, remove from heat and continue whisking as procedure. 

Make about 20 pairs (40 macarons) depending how big you pipe your macarons.

Ingredients For macarons shells:
  • 80 gr egg white ( I use fresh one-you can use aged one), ROOM TEMPERATURE
  • pinch of salt
  • 60 gr caster sugar
  • 2 tsp fresh squeezed orange juice
  • 1 tsp orange zest
  • 140 gr icing sugar
  • 80 gr almond flour
  • 3 or 4 drops gel orange color
 How to make Macarons shells:
  1. Put almond meal and icing sugar food processor with sharp blade and process for 2 or 3 minutes until powdery smooth. Then sieve twice or three times into a bowl, press with back of the spoon until you get fine mixture. Set a side.
  2. İn clean mixing bowl (do not use plastic bowl) whisk egg white with salt until foamy, gradually beat in sugar 1 Tbsp at a time alternately with orange juice. Then beat in orange zest and food coloring. Continuously whisk until soft peak and glossy ( about 10~12 minutes). 
  3. Carefully mix in 1/3 almond mixture to the white, fold until well blended. Then add remaining almond mixture. Fold nicely to well combine. The batter should has lava consistency. DO NOT OVER MIX or UNDER MIX.
  4. Transfer to piping bag with round tip (about 2 cm). And pipe to baking tray line with parchment paper approximately 4 to 5 cm in diameter. Make space approximately 2,5 cm between each round.  Note: Or you can draw some circle in piece of paper then line beneath the parchment paper so you can fill that circle with the batter. you can prepare it in a head. Just remember to slide off that paper before baking. (See step by step making macarons in my post here)
  5. After you pipe all batter, bang that baking tray few time to remove air which might trap in the batter. İf you see some obvious bubble in surface of your macarons you can puncture it with toothpick. Let them sit for about 35 to 50 minute (depend on your local humidity and temperature) or until they dry on surface (when you gently touch it surface, it will not stick in your finger).
  6. Pre heat your oven at 135 to 145 Celsius ( İ turned on my fan also) few minute before baking time (from those drying time). Bake about 18 to 20 minute. You can turn over tray to make even baking after 15 minutes. Test them 1st before you take from oven by press them gently, if it's strong and hard enough they should be okay. Note: Recognize your oven condition, it might give different results.
  7. Cool them completely before remove from parchment paper.  
 Ingredients for Cream Cheese frosting. Make it a head and store in fridge.
  • 100 gr cream cheese, room temperature
  • 75 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 100 gr confectioner (icing) sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
How to make cream cheese:

Cream the butter and cream cheese for few minutes, whisk in icing sugar gradually-lower your mixer otherwise you will blow the icing sugar on your face! ^,^  Continue beat the cream cheese mixture until well combine and get creamy texture. Whisk in vanilla if used.
Keep in fridge until ready to use (at least 2 hours)

For Orange Curd filling you can see recipe here. For Orange curd filling you can use half recipe of it or you can vary with any jam you want. But for me Orange macarons really gets along with this orange curd filling.

Macarons will have better taste after 2 or 3 days. Keep them in air tight container and put in fridge.

This Post goes to "YKMK" Orange Give Away.


loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected