♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Red Velvet Macarons with Cream Cheese filling


Selam Evrybody...Merhaba from Turkey.


The recipe I use my lemon macarons recipe with few adjustment. That is also my basic macarons recipe and I'm quite happy with it. I was doing trial and error with some Red velvet macarons recipe, but finally end up with my recipe here. 


The macarons' feet/ crown not really tall as my previous lemon macarons- maybe because I should longer drying time before baking. I was baking this red velvet macarons at night after my kid slept, so I was kinda rush with time and need to baked them as soon as I thought it was okay..but as you can see, final result the feet not really tall as I want.

And the color of this macarons I think is away too red, in this recipe I used 1/4 tsp gel red food coloring, next time I will reduce it by half maybe--need trial error again to get right color consistency. Maybe with dutched process cocoa powder it will give darker red also... Will do trial error soon (^,^)

So here my Red Velvet Macarons with Cream Cheese Filling....
Ingredients for Cream Cheese frosting. Make it a head and store in fridge.
  • 100 gr cream cheese, room temperature
  • 75 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 100 gr confectioner (icing) sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
How to make cream cheese:

Cream the butter and cream cheese for few minutes, whisk in icing sugar gradually-lower your mixer otherwise you will blow the icing sugar on your face! ^,^  Continue beat the cream cheese mixture until well combine and get creamy texture. Whisk in vanilla if used.
Keep in fridge until ready to use (at least 2 hours)

 Make about 20~25 pair (Depending how big you pipe your macarons)

For macarons shells:
  • 80 gr almond flour
  • 80 gr egg white ( I use aged leftover egg whites)
  • 140 gr icing sugar
  • 2~3 drop fresh lemon juice
  • 65 gr caster sugar
  • 1 tsp cacao powder (mine is natural one)
  • 1/4 tsp gel red food color (note: I saw my final macarons turned too red as in these pictures, next time I will reduce my red color, but if You want to get like this red shade, go ahead)
 How to make Macarons shells:
  1. İn food processor put icing sugar, cocoa powder and almond flour, pulse few times. Sieve twice or three times into a bowl, press with back of the spoon until you get fine mixture. Set a side.
  2. İn clean mixing bowl (do not use plastic bowl) whisk egg white until foamy, whisk in lemon juice while still continuously whisking. Gradually mix in sugar bit by bit. Continuously whisk until soft peak and glossy ( about 10 minutes). Before turn off your mixer, whisk in red food color till combine.
  3. Carefully mix in 1/3 almond mixture to the white, fold until well blended. Then add remaining almond mixture. Fold nicely to well combine.
  4. Transfer to piping bag with round tip (about 2 cm). And pipe to baking tray line with parchment paper approximately 3 to 4 cm in diameter.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Note: Or you can draw some circle in piece of paper then line beneath the parchment paper so you can fill that circle with the batter. you can prepare it in a head. Just remember to slide off that paper before baking.
  5. After you pipe all batter, bang that baking tray few time to remove air which might trap in the batter. İf you see some obvious bubble in surface of your macarons you can puncture it with toothpick. Let them sit for about 45 to 60 minute (depend on your local humidity) or until they dry on surface (when you gently touch it surface, it will not stick in your finger).
  6. Pre heat your oven at 130 to 140 Celsius ( fan force) few minute before baking time (from those drying time). Bake about 15 to 20 minute. You can turn over tray to make even baking after 15 minutes. Test them 1st before you take from oven by press them gently, if it's strong and hard enough they should be okay.
  7. Cool them completely before remove from parchment paper.
İf you want to filling and serve later, keep them in zip lock bag and keep in fridge.

loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected