♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Kısır (Turkish style bulgur salad)

My today post is Kısır... one traditional Turkish side dish. It makes from fine wheat bulgur as main ingredients, soak in hot water then mix with tomato paste and vegetables . Served cold, and often serve as salad also. The vegetables adding in it can be vary according to your taste and availability in your frigged.

I remember this is my first Turkish food I can eat before I can adapted my taste to other Turkish food. I like this dish because it so fresh, with slightly sour taste form lemon juice and sumac easily acceptable by my Asian tongue. And I like vegetables mixed in it too...

This is my other recipe's version of Kısır. But if you make it more traditionally you can see  my previous post here



Serve about 2 or 3 portion.

  • 1 cup fine bulgur
  • 1 cup hot boiling water.
  • half yellow onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste ( I use homemade one)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 tsp sumac
  • 1 tsp smoke paprika powder or sweet cayenne pepper (optional)
  • salt to taste
  • fresh lemon juice to taste.

You can vary the vegetables mix in this this according to your taste but basically people using:

  • Lettuce
  • tomato
  • parsley
  • spring onion

But also you could add:

  • carliston biber/ green  pepper, seeded
  • cucumber (pickled or fresh one)
  • olive, seeded
  • and anything can get a long with this dish.
Chop all vegetables.


How to:

  1. Put fine bulgur in medium bowl, pour with hot boiling water. cover the bowl. You can use plastic wrap or just put a plate onto your bowl. Let it sit for few minute to let bulgur absorb all water and become soft.
  2. Heat olive oil in small pan, saute chopped onion just until soft and aromatic. Stir in tomato paste, cumin powder and sweet cayenne powder (if use it). Stir just few more minute, remove from heat. 
  3. Mix with bulgur then stir to combine. Mix in sumac and salt. Then mix with all chopped vegetables and fresh lemon juice. toss to combine. Cover and keep in fridge before serving.


Enjoy your Kısır with sprinkle of chilly flake.









loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected