♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Pita Bread

Pita bread is a round pocket bread widely consumed in many Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Balkan cuisines. It is prevalent from the Balkans through Turkey, the Levant and the Arabian Peninsula. The "pocket" in pita bread is created by steam, which puffs up the dough. As the bread cools and flattens, a pocket is left in the middle.
Originated in the Middle East and were traditionally cooked in tandoor ovens.  



Yield 8 ~ 10 breads.

Ingredients:
 1 tablespoon dry yeast
 2 ¾ cup warm water
 1 tablespoon sugar
 6 cup + a few tablespoons of flour (if needed)
 2 tsp fine salt


Method:
In medium bowl, mixed together; dry yeast, sugar and warm water. Stir until everything is dissolved. Close the bowl and let stand about 15 minutes in a warm place, or until the yeast active (you can see it'll foamy)


In another large bowl, sift together 6 cups  flour and salt. Make a hole resembling a well in center of flour, pour the yeast solution into the "well". Knead until smooth elastic and not sticky at your fingers. If the dough is still wet, you can add flour but do it carefully. Cover with plastic stretch or kitchen towel and rest in warm place about 50 ~ 60 minutes until the dough become doubled in volume-See image B.


Punch the dough to remove air. Place the dough on dusty flour working desk, equally divide dough into 8 to 10 small balls. Let stand another 10 minutes, see image C. 
Then roll each ball ± 1 to 1,5 cm thick.


Meanwhile, preheat oven to 230 ⁰ C. Place dough on baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake until cooked through and bread fully fluffy (for ± 5 minutes each part)
Note: do not open your oven door at first 5 minutes to make bread perfectly fluffy. After it fully fluffy, turn the bread to other side and bake again until cooked (I bake around 5 mins more)



Once you remove them from oven, quickly wrap them in big napkin or kitchen towel to prevent them getting hard (make the bread soft)


Enjoy your pita bread with vary of filling and salad.







loading...

12 comments:

  1. wow, i never thought making pita bread was this easy! simple ingredients too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know the equivalent in fresh yeast? I'd love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mitinita You can use fresh yeast cake half packet (1 packet +/- 42 gr). thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe, I try to do this Pita!
    Hello Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pita Bread
    A request for:

    Ingredients: ¾ cup warm water 2 

    hot water at 30 ° C - 50 ° C or more, or
    The translation google do not help here!
    Tanks!
    Giulia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I've always wanted to make my own pita...yours are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Giulia hi Julia.. thx for your question, nice of U. frankly speaking, I never measure the temperature my warm water for activate my yeast. Mostly I use lukewarm water which is warmer than room temperature= probably about 40~50 deg C.
    or I usually use 1/4 hot water, mix with room temperature water up to 1 cup. Hope it answer your question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pita bread look delicious!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pita bread looks amazing! It puffed up perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never made homemade pita bread, but now I am so inspired with your helpful instructions and recipe, I do want to try to make it. Your turned out superb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. citra,

    I made the pita bread. But my pita bread didnt puffed up like yours. I think I'll try again tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make it sound soo easy! I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected