♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Steamed Fruits Sponge Cake / Steamed fruitcake

Hello........
Merhaba from Türkiye

If you are looking for something else for tea or coffee companion, maybe you can try this one in your kitchen, steamed sponge cake with dried fruit mixture in it. I guarantee your afternoon tea/ coffee time or just chat time with family and friends become more fun.
d(^_^)b


Ingredients:
- 5 medium size eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (5 grams) powder vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- ½ cup raisins or sultanas, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mixed dried fruit.
- Enough butter or oil spray for greasing bundt pan.


 Method:

1) Mix  and sieve cornstarch and flour, set aside. Mix raisins and dried fruit, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour mixture and set aside.

2) Grease your 8" bundt pan (± 1.5 lt capacity) with butter, set aside. Fill steam pan with enough water, heat up to produce enough steam.


3) Whisk eggs, vanilla powder and sugar until pale and thick (ribbon stage). Fold in flour mixture and mix fruit. Combine olive oil, fold until evenly mixed and no lumps. Pour into the prepared bundt pan, steamed about 45 minutes or until skewer inserted in cake comes out clean.


4) Let it cool ± 10 minutes before unmold.
 
Enjoy with your coffee or tea.




















loading...

16 comments:

  1. I would love an excuse to have this for a coffee break. Looks divine with all that lovely fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steamed cake and yours look easy to prepare with healthy with those fruits too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this is really moist due to the steaming. I now must try this method!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, it's gorgeous. I still need to make that lemon cake though. This one will have to wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy looking cake. I can picture how great it tastes with tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really want to try steaming a cake! is the bundt pan full submerged in the water? or is it resting on a steamer? do you cover it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @The Mom Chef :))) wow.. thank U for listing my recipe in your making list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Junia Hi Junia... the pan is not submerged in boiling water, it's resting on a steamer, so the cooking process really with hot steam... Hope you can try it too and tell me what do U think ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors and the shape! I definitely want to try this cake with some tea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting idea! Looks really good, definitely would go well with my tea I am sipping right now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty cake and studded with delicious fruits. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my that is awesome! Looks amazing and it definitely sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks delicious steamed sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cake looks so pretty - love all the fruit in it!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected